Beef Chili Enchilada
|Beef and Black Bean Chili (recipe follows)|
|8||small flour tortilla wraps|
|1 cup (250 mL)||shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Spread 2 cups (500 mL) chili in 13 x 9 inch (3 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) chili onto centre of each of 8 small flour tortillas. Roll up; place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining chili over enchiladas. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 30 minutes
Beef and Black Bean Chili: This recipe is delicious as is or tucked into tortillas to make the Enchiladas.
1. Cook 1 lb (500 g) Top Grass Ground Beef, 1 large onion (diced), 1 large sweet pepper (diced), 2 to 3 tbsp (30 to 45 mL) chili powder and 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked and any liquid has evaporated.
2. Stir in 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce, 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans (drained and rinsed) and 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen corn kernels.
3. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 9 servings.